Salary: Dependent on experience, within IPSA guidelines.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career, working in a busy constituency office, taking ownership of exciting projects, visits and casework for an MP and Government Minister.
The applicant should be highly organised, a strong communicator and someone who is able to work flexibly to deadlines in a fast-paced parliamentary office.
• Attend surgeries and meetings with the MP, or represent the MP as appropriate.
• Liaise with government agencies, the County Council, voluntary sector and others.
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas.
• Communicating with members of the public by letter, email, over the phone and in person on a variety of different issues.
• Ensure records are kept, and information managed confidentially, in line with the Data Protection Act
• Manage local projects and schemes.
*This is a non-exhaustive list and will vary depending on the applicants' experience and interests.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a small team.
• Highly motivated to help constituents with their queries.
• Ability to prioritise own workload and work to deadlines.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and other administrative programmes.
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020
Interviews will be on a rolling basis.
Start Date: January 2020
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Constituency Support Officer, followed by your full name.
Any questions can be directed towards Matthew McPherson by emailing email@example.com